Tuesday, July 29, 2014

July 28, 2014


Well my brothers and sisters this week was the most eventful one of my mission.

Monday night President Wirthlin called us and told me to give the phone to Elder Reyne.  He took the phone and the next thing he said I will never forget, "oh no".  He immediately called his mom.  And then proceeded to talk about his dad with me.  He talked to his mom and found out that his dad's cancer has spread to his brain and he has a few weeks to live.  I can't describe the feelings I had when we found this out.  My heart sank right to my stomach and I (being a baby) started to cry.  Elder Reyne was sooooooo strong.  He didn't cry once.  But I knew he was very distraught.  We called President back and he told us to pack our bags and go visit our investigators and members and tell them that we were leaving.  We had an hour to pack...which freaking sucked!  I have so much pointless crap it's ridiculous.  But we made our way to the zone leader's apartment in Albany.  Then the next morning we took Elder Reyne to the airport.  Let me tell you this....Elder Reyne is such an awesome guy.  He only cares about others and serves with all of his heart.  I wish I was this strong when my dad was going through this.  Please pray for him, his family, and his dad.  I know there was a reason why I was called to Greenville.  We have be struggling the past few weeks with finding new people to teach and I know that the Lord knew this was going to happen.  If we would have picked up anybody we wouldn't be able to teach them and they would have been left alone.  The Lord has His hand in all things.

So everyday this past week I worked with the Zone Leaders and also the Elders in Troy.   I was bounced around  both areas like a beach ball at a Nickelback concert.  I loved it!  I got to work with my brother from another mother, Elder Jepsen.  And I also got to work with Elder Pettet and Elder Dutsin.  It was a blast.  Troy is sooooooo ghetto!  IT'S SWEET!   Black people everywhere!  They sit on the porches and just chill and the people call them porch monkeys.  Idk if that's a racist thing or not but its super funny haha.  It definitely is racist :)  It was fun while it lasted.

SOOOOOO now I'm in Amsterdam in a trio with Elders Free and Snell.....ITS A BLAST. Amsterdam is this ghetto little city near Albany.  And 90% of the population is from Puerto Rico:)  It's crazy.  It's like I'm in Mexico.  Except the other ten percent of the place is black.  I love it!  People are so humble here.  I don't know if I will stay here next transfer but I will find out on Saturday from President Wirthlin..but hopefully I will stay here a while. Who knows....

Yeah, I'm stressed out of my mind but I know that I am needed wherever I go.  Heavenly Father knows all and puts me where I can help out the most.  I'm a little short on time but I want to testify to you all that I know that this work is hastening and that this church is true.  God hears and answers our prayers no matter what.  The most we can do for him is to serve others and submit our will to his.

I love all of you and I keep you in my prayers.  Thank you for your support and love.  Keep it real and know that the church is true, the book is blue, and this crazy lady next to me smells like urine.

Love,
Elder Hunter Neus

MMMMMMMBYE nooooowwww

No comments:

Post a Comment