Monday, March 24, 2014

March 24, 2014

Hmmm well....where do I begin? Massena is great!  Elder Jepsen and I are really seeing miracles!!


We volunteer at the Methodist church on Thursdays washing dishes. So we talk to people and just do our thing and a few weeks ago we talked to this family who was really nice to us.  And every week we just got closer and closer and eventually we set up a dinner appointment with the dad and we taught him about family history.  That was a few weeks ago.  Ever since then they have come to church every week, we taught them everything from The Restoration to temples, they meet with us every other day, and are getting baptized May 3.   IT'S SO AWESOME!  They love this gospel.  

Man we are so grateful to be here in Massena.  This is the craziest place, though.  BUNCH of Mohawk Indians.  LOTS of mean French Canadians.  AND A WHOLE CRAP LOAD OF COLD.   Isn't is suppose to be spring?   We woke up this morning to go to the gym and it was -15 out....  I miss the heat, to be honest.  But the blessings are too great to even think about home.  This guy we ran into yesterday said that I have a cute smile so I don't know if I should be creeped out or thankful.  He was a little out there.  BUT yanno New York is like that.
AHH this is cool!  This investigator family we have lives out in the middle of nowhere and we visit them and "teach them" every week.  Brother Gardner (the dad) has a few tasers so on Friday I gained the masculinity to get tased by him.  MAN IT HURT.. but it was so worth it.  I feel like when we do these stupid things our investigators trust us more.  It's really weird.
Well... I am proud to be an American... wait I mean missionary;) ha
Love,
Elder Neus
mmmm byeeee nowwwww

No comments:

Post a Comment