Monday, March 17, 2014

March 17, 2014

mmmmmmheyyyyy

This week was......good. A lot of people bailed on our appointments, we moved, had two huge snow storms, and had ZTM. We were busy but at the same time we felt like bums.

So Elder Jepsen and I had an appointment with one of our investigators named Ira and he is one weird dude. We were sitting there in his house teaching him about the Word of Wisdom and he asked me about the ring I had on my finger. So I told him it was my CTR ring and of course he asked me what CTR meant so I told him...then we go on in the lesson and randomly asks me how much it was and where I got it .Then out of nowhere the spirit told me to take it off and give it to him. So I did. And he goes "Neus... that means so much to me like I cant even tell you how much that means. I will always remember this." Then he goes in his room and gets a chain and puts the ring around it and wears it. Anyways we get back to the lesson (he gets off track a lot) and again he says "this means so much I would do anything for you! I would give the shirt of my back for ya man"....so Elder Jepsen and I look at each other then back at him. So I just say "really you would?" and he goes "yeah man..WANT ME TO PROVE IT?" and I just say "uh I don't know". Then he just takes off his Jeff Gordon shirt and gets a pen and signs the thing and throws it at me and says "see I told you I would do it for you man" then looks at the ceiling and kisses his CTR ring! So now I have a official autographed Jeff Gorden shirt from THE Ira "the man" Shantie. These kind of things happen every day. Its crazy...

I just love people. Its these experiences that make missions so fun. I feel like these situations help boost my confidence in the people of New York. God makes his children so unique!  But New York is a hard . People are stuck in their ways. They love their coffee and cigarettes. But I truly do love them. I was called to New York for THEM. I love this work!

As missionaries we "INVITE others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end". Inviting is such a key! WE INVITE. That's all we can really do. We cant take away their moral agency and force them to choose the right. But we can invite.:) when we invite we are not forcing them we are letting them choose. The spirit will touch their hearts even with something so simple as inviting your friends to church, mutual, seminary ext...The Lord doesn't ask much of us. Just to follow him and keep his commandments. It isn't that hard. So just go out and invite!! People wont look down on you for doing that. It is just so simple and i wish I knew that before my mission. I have a firm testimony of this gospel. It has blessed me so so much. Life is sweet! 

Love Elder Neus

MMMMM bye now

No comments:

Post a Comment