Monday, March 17, 2014

February 10, 2014


So this week was pretty good. Elder Hatanaka and I are starting to get along more. He is just sort of weird. Which is alright but it makes things kind of hard. He likes to be in charge so I kind of just let him. Haha he will take over the area next transfer for sure so I will just make the best of it and try to be patient.

I've been here too long..Trumansburg is great, the members are sweet but I feel like I have started to coast and I am sort of dragging my feet. 6 months in one area is hard. Especially when their is little to no support from the members. We have some that are solid but some just don't want to try. So we are trying to boost their desire to help hasten the work. We are seeing their progression slowly manifest itself with them offering to go to appointments and feeding us. They will change:)

So I have been studying and pondering the Atonement in my personal study this week. We often think about the redeeming power of the Atonement and how we are cleansed from our sins. But we sometimes forget about the enabling power of it. It strengthens us and helps us out in every thing we do according to our faith. It CAN and WILL change us. Sometimes we pray for our circumstances to change. Actually all the time ( well me anyway). We may not realize it but we do. BUT we shouldn't! Lets take some of the BOM prophets for example. Nephi prayed to The Father when his brothers tied him up to have the STRENGTH to break the bands. Alma and Amulek did the same. They rarely ask the Lord to change their circumstances but pray for THEM to have the STRENGTH to change them. We can do the same. The Savior strengthen us through his Atonement. Let us build our faith so we can do the same. I have witnessed with mine own eyes the strength that the Lord gives us. What we can do is be "humble, patient, submissive, meek, humble, full of love and willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father." We will  see the great blessings if we do so. 
Well I love you all and hope you have a great week! I will try to do this every week.
Love Elder Neus
MMMMMMM BYE NOOOOW:)

No comments:

Post a Comment